[DevLog] goBerzerk - Robot updates and more
A lot of updates today to the game.
I ended up having to redo the animations for the robot and turn the color to white as default as I forgot when changing the color in Godot the sprites need to be white to take on the color you are adding in code. This enabled me to create a little random color script when robots are spawned.
There are a bunch of tweaks to the overall game, but that doesn’t show up in the gameplay gif below 👇
Note: If the gifs don't work I will create a Vimeo or something later to show game play.
- Changed animation to walk_left for robot
- added script to follow player [will probably replace with raycast system later]
- Set screensize to 640x480
- Changed HUD to be on the bottom like original game
- Changed the robot sprite color to white
- Added random color selection on Main when robot spawned
- Setup FrickenLazers and made laser sounds
- Removed game timer count down as a game mechanic
- Added explode sound to robot hurt() function
- Since robots have color now, changed background to dark mobo_03