[DevLog] goBerzerk - Player one has entered the game
Today, I spent most of the day researching how I could make it so that the robots follow and attack the player the way they originally did in the game. I think I figured it out, but that will have to wait. I found a sprite sheet on the Spriters Resource by randomly googling around the internet. I am so glad to find an example so that I could recreate the sprites in Pixelorama. It turns out that my originals were pretty darn close!
With some new found inspiration, I was able to create the rest of the sprites and finally setup a player. I created a test level to see how it will all look
I was also able to find a new font that kind of resembles the old Atari font. I edited the HUD and start up screen
So far it is coming together nicely.
I think that I will need to redo most of the code as the player and robot scripts are getting unruly. I will most likely redesign in the form of the Penguin Platformer code as that has a better state machine for actions.
- Created player sprites and animations
- Created Evil Otto sprites and Animations
- Created a test level
- Updated font [COMPUTER Robot Font by weknow]
Thanks to spriters-resource.com: